Programming aid for F17-C controller
(The F17-C is supplied as standard with Warm Tiles kit WT28)
Note. This sheet has been produced to assist in the programming
of the F17-C controller. It breaks down the basic features of the
thermostat and is designed to be easy to follow. This document will
help you to:
Set time and day.
Set setback programmes and temperatures.
Note. This document should only be used in conjunction
with the user manual supplied.
To set time and day
- Turn power to the thermostat on- display flashes 00.00
- Press and hold button until display reads SET (approx.
- Turn button clockwise until display reads 2 on the bottom left
hand side. Press button once.
- The preset time is now flashing, adjust to the correct time
by turning the button clockwise. When displayed time is correct,
press button to set.
- Now adjust the number on the bottom of the display by turning
the button clockwise (1=Monday, 2 =Tuesday etc). Press button
- Turn button clockwise until display reads END. Press
To set-up setback programmes
These programmes allow you to setup times when you want the under
floor heating system to maintain a lower or higher temperature.
The most common use for this is through the night where by setting
a very low setback temperature you can effectively turn the heater
off. The F17-C controller allows you to setup up to 8 setback programmes
for any day. The following example shows the programming of 1 setback
programme to come on at 10.00pm in the evening, and turn off at
7.00am in the morning seven days a week. (If you require more complex
setback programmes please refer to user manual supplied)
- Press and hold button until display reads SET. Press
- Turn button clockwise until display reads P1 (this is program
1 of 8). Press button once.
- Turn the button clockwise until display reads 1234567 along
the bottom. This indicates that this setup programme will run
every day of the week. Press button once
- With the moon displayed, turn the button clockwise until display
reads 10.00pm. Press button once when correct.
- With the sun displayed, turn the button clockwise until display
reads 07.00am. Press button once when correct.
Note. P1 is now setup for every day.
- If required there are 8 setback programmes. For more complex
setback programming please refer to user manual.
- Turn the button clockwise until the display reads END.
Press the button once.
To Set The Setback Temperature
This is the temperature that the thermostat will maintain during
setback operation. To change this press and hold the button until
SET appears. Turn the button clockwise until 3 appears at
the bottom of the display. Press the button. A temperature flashes,
adjust this by turning the button clockwise. Press to accept. Turn
the button clockwise until END is displayed, press once.
Note. The temperature set here is the same for all setback
To Set Comfort Temperature
This is the temperature that the thermostat will maintain when
not in a setback programme. The thermostat has a preset comfort
temperature of 21.5°C, to change this:
From the automatic operation (clock display) screen, rotate the
button clockwise, the screen changes and a thermostat appears at
the top of the display. Adjust the temperature by turning the button
clockwise and press once to set. Note. As a guide to setting
the comfort temperature, the 'European norm' is 24°C
To Switch The Thermostat Off
From the automatic operation (clock display) screen, press the
button twice and the display changes to OFF. Now the heater
will remain inactive, and any setback programmes setup will not
operate. To turn the thermostat back on, simply press the button
Note. Once the thermostat is switched back on, the setback
programmes will reactivate.