|If when the alarm goes off, there is no sign
of smoke, heat or noise to indicate that there is a fire, you
should evacuate your family to a safe place before you start
Check the house carefully in case there is a small smouldering
Check whether there is some source of smoke or fumes i.e. paint
fumes or cooking fumes.
Alarm can be readily silenced by fanning unit with newspaper
or something similar.
If there are frequent nuisance/false alarms caused by cooking
it will be necessary to locate unit away from source of fumes.
|If fault appears, (indicated by the room light
being illuminated) or the unit fails the test, repeat steps
as per "Commissioning" and as for "Testing".
If the room light stays on (i.e. will not turn off at switch)
this means the internal mains power supply has failed.
The Smoke Detector in the unit will operate on backup supply
but when backup is almost depleted the unit will beep for at
least 72 hrs.
Both safeguards will be a constant reminder to the problem.
Isolate mains supply.
Depress locking button and rotate 90 deg. anti-clockwise to
Previous - Return
to product - Start