|If when the alarm goes off, there is no sign of smoke, heat
or noise to indicate that there is a fire, you should evacuate your family to
a safe place before you start investigating.|
Check the house carefully in
case there is a small smouldering fire somewhere.
Check whether there is some
source of smoke or fumes i.e. paint fumes or cooking fumes.
Alarm can be readily
silenced by fanning unit with newspaper or something similar.
If there are
frequent nuisance/false alarms caused by cooking it will be necessary to locate
unit away from source of fumes.
fault appears, (indicated by the room light being illuminated) or the unit fails
the test, repeat steps as per "Commissioning" and as for "Testing".|
If the room light stays on (i.e. will not turn off at switch) this means the internal
mains power supply has failed.
The Smoke Detector in the unit will operate
on backup supply but when backup is almost depleted the unit will beep for at
least 72 hrs.
Both safeguards will be a constant reminder to the problem.
Isolate mains supply.
Depress locking button and rotate 90 deg. anti-clockwise