Locate and Remote Control Switch
for Interconnected Hard Wired Alarms
The Ei159 is a switch with Locate functionality,
and is intended for installations with interconnected smoke alarms.
The Locate function will stop all the units alarming except those alarms actually sensing smoke,
by disabling the interconnect feature for about 10 minutes.
The Locate function will allow the source of the alarm to be quickly located
and appropriate action taken, and it can significantly reduce the annoyance
to other occupants when false alarms occur at night.
The Ei159 is designed to be used in conjunction with the
Ei140 and Ei150 series Smoke and Heat Alarms.
- And Ei160RC series Smoke and Heat
(Note: A more suitable accessory for the Ei160RC series is the Ei1529RC remote control switch which provides, test, hush and locate functions)
- The Ei159 is supplied complete with its own surface mount pattress and all mounting fixings.
Turning on the Locate switch will deactivate all interconnected Smoke and Heat Alarms except those actually sensing smoke
- The Ei159 automatically restores the interconnect feature after a period of 10 minutes
- During the 10 minute period, each individual smoke detector will still operate and alarm if it senses smoke
- If the original smoke alarm continues to sound after smoke has cleared, pressing the Locator switch again will cancel that alarm