Basic Universal Battery Re Charger
Charges 4 x RX6 or RX14 or RX20 1 x RX22 or combination.
Complete with plug and lead
Batteries not included
1) Insert the AC power supply cord into mains.
2) For Charging: Switch the function switch on the unit to the charge position. The individual red LED will light up when batteries are inserted into the corresponding slot to indicate charging is in progress.
3) For Testing: Switch the function switch on the unit to the test position. The red LED in the first slot (closest to the function switch) will turn off. Insert the battery To be tested into the first slot. The battery test lamp will light up to indicate the Strength of the battery (very dark/no light for no power; very bright for lots of Power). Otherwise, the LED will not light up. Batteries at other slots will continue to be charged.
4) For Discharging: Switch the function switch on the unit to the discharge position.
(Please note that this charger cannot discharge 9V batteries). All the red LEDs (with the exception of the ones for the 9V batteries) will go off to indicate batteries are in discharge mode.
5) Please note that this is not an automatic charger. The charger does not switch to charge mode automatically after discharge. To check if the batteries are fully discharged, use the test feature.
For indoor use only
This charger cannot be used with non-rechargeable batteries.
- OPERATING YOUR CHARGER:
A) Slide the SWITCH to charging position.
B) Batteries must be inserted properly for good contact and correct (+) and (-) polarity Direction.
C) Insert plug into wall outlet.
D) RED LED charging light goes on to indicate proper charging.
E) Do not overcharge your batteries beyond charging periods recommended for each type.
- TESTING YOUR BATTERIES
A) Only this slot close to SWITCH can test battery and only also test 1.2V batteries (AAA,AAC or D cells) higher voltage batteries will burn out tester bulb.
B) Tester only operates when SWITCH in test position.
C) REMEMBER; You first determine if a battery is rechargeable by testing it. If the Test Indicator glows weakly, the battery can be recharged.
D) When charging period is completed, if a battery does not brightly light the Test Indicator discard it.
- DISCHARGING YOUR BATTERIES
by Slide SWITCH to discharge position.
- NOTE: Discharging is to eliminate Ni-Cd battery memory,
Ni-MH battery need not discharge.
- RED LED does not light during discharging, Judge if battery is discharged completely by testing it.