Inspection & Testing. Level 3
City & Guilds 2391-10: (5 days )
Advanced Level Periodic Inspection &Testing.
This course enables experienced electrical installers to obtain the qualification and skills
they will need to have before carrying out commercial installations, testing and inspection.
This qualification is intended for personnel working in the electrical industry.
This course provides you with the essential skills and the qualification you need to prove you are competent to carry out commercial electrical installations.
- The classroom based course includes:
Introduction to inspection and testing
Order of tests
Continuity of protective conductors
Insulation resistance tests
Polarity and earth electrode tests
Earth fault loop impedance tests
Rarely used tests & IP ratings
Recording of results
Using Guidance Note 3
- Exam preparation
- The course include theoretical electrical training only, if you need practical training the City & Guilds 2392 Inspection and Testing Level 2 course may be more suitable for you.
There are no formal entry requirements to take this course. However, it is expected that you will have professional experience of electrical installation. You must be aged 18 or above to sit this course.
- If you have little or no experience of electrical testing and inspection, we recommend you take City & Guilds 2392 Inspection and Testing Level 2 before taking this qualification.
- Exam & Assessment
- In order to gain the 2391 Level 3 Certificate in Inspection, Testing and Certification of electrical installations candidates must complete each of the following:-
- 2391-101 Inspection, Testing & Certification of electrical installations (2 hours 30 minutes written exam) Successful candidates then move on to:
- 2391-102 Practical application of the inspection, testing & certification of electrical installations (Half day practical assessment)