Inspection and Testing Level 2
City & Guilds 2392: (4 Days)
Entry level Initial Verification.
A course and qualification to enable you to complete the initial verification of your electrical Installation.
Both practical and theory this entry level course is aimed at practicing electrical installers
with limited or no experience of inspection and testing of electrical installations,
such as those domestic installers new to the industry, or those working in allied trades.
i.e, Plumbers, kitchen fitters, landscape gardeners , auto gate installers.
This qualification has been developed in conjunction with the electrical industry to provide
less experienced candidates with an introduction of how to inspect and test (conduct
the initial verification) of electrical installations before progressing onto the 2391-10 Level
3 Certificate in Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations. It enables
anyone new to electrical testing and inspection to obtain the qualification and skills they
will need before carrying out domestic and commercial installations.
Commercial electrical testing and inspection can be a difficult subject even for experienced electricians.
- This course allows you to grasp the basics in a clear and straightforward way and provides you with the essential qualification you need to prove you are competent to do the job.
- The course includes:
Preparation for initial inspection and testing
- The course includes both practical and theoretical electrical training.
- Assessment will be by:
A multiple choice online test covering the underpinning knowledge relating to the fundamental inspection, testing and initial verification of electrical installations, as required by BS 7671:2008
- A practical test covering the range of inspections, tests, verification and recording of information and results for a new electrical installation, as required by BS 7671:2008
There are no formal entry requirements to take this course. It is also particularly suitable for practicing electricians or domestic installers who have not carried out inspection and testing since qualifying or who require some updated training before going onto achieve the City & Guilds 2391-10. It is expected that you will have basic knowledge of electrics and some professional experience of electrical installation. You must be aged 18 or above to sit this course.
- The course is suitable for:
- Electrical installers who are new to the industry i.e. domestic Installers
- Electrical installers who have not carried out inspection and testing since qualifying
- Electrical installers who need extra training before sitting City & Guilds 2391 Inspection and Testing Level 3
- Professionals working in allied trades such as plumbers, kitchen fitters and landscape gardeners
- If you already have some experience of electrical testing and inspection, we recommend City & Guilds 2391 Inspection and Testing Level 3.