Renewable Energy Foundation
City & Guilds 2399-01 : (2 Days )
This foundation course covers a range of renewable energy technologies.
It must be taken before progressing to specialising in one particular technology such as Solar PV installation
This course will give you the foundation knowledge from which you can base you renewable energy career. It will provide you with a breadth of knowledge enabling you to move on to complete qualifications in a range of renewable energy technologies.
- It is important to note that you must complete this foundation module even if you only wish to gain full accreditation in just 1 technology. However the knowledge gained will be ideal for advising potential clients on the best installation to meet their requirements.
- We teach this course in our dedicated renewable energy training centre where you can then continue to qualify in a number of specialist technologies.
"This course unit will give you a broad understanding of environmental technologies. It will arm you with the knowledge and theory to give advice to customers on suitable environmental technology systems.
- You will learn about:
- 1. Solar Thermal
- 2. Ground Source Heat Pumps
- 3. Air Source Heat Pumps
- 4. Biomass
- 5. Solar PV"
- 6. Mirco Wind
- 7. Micro Hydro
- 8. Combined Heat & Power (CHP)
- 9. Rainwater Harvesting
- 10. Greywater Use
- The unit is assessed by an on-line multiple-choice GOLA test (2399-201).