Installing & Testing Domestic Photovoltaic Systems (PV)
City & Guilds 2399-11 (5 Days )
This 2399-11 Solar PV course is intended for qualified electricians including recently trained Domestic Installers
who want to install grid connected domestic photovoltaic systems that are either integrated into, or retro fitted onto, a domestic property.
You will need the appropriate electrical qualifications related to electrical installation,
knowledge of the IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition, Initial inspection and testing 2392 and Part P competency.
"This City & Guilds 2399 solar PV course will give you a solid grounding and hands on experience in fitting real solar PV equipment.
- We have worked hard to make our centre the best which is why we are currently the only training company in the UK to carry out this training on a single storey training roof.
- You will receive hands on training with PAF bags, ginn wheels, pulleys and real solar panels on 2 different types of tiles.
- This market is booming and there is a huge demand for Solar PV installers. As an existing domestic electrical installer this qualification could take your career to a whole new level.
- The City & Guilds 2399-11 qualification is recognised by the MCS accreditation board and will be an important step to gaining MCS accreditation in Solar PV installation.
The topics covered during the course include the following:
- In this part of the course we train you on real life scenarios, on properly constructed roofs, erected scaffolding, using working at heights kit including harnesses and manual handling equipment.
- Photovoltaic systems, real solar panels!
- Standards and Regulations/Guidelines and Codes of Practice
- Safety, scaffolding and harness equipment
- PV system components
- Position and fixes
- Inverter and electrical protection
- Performance monitoring
- PV Modules and arrays
- AC System and metering
- Understanding the DC system
- Installations, fitting panels to a roof, roofing construction and differing tile types.
- Commissioning and testing, connecting to the grid.
- Customer care, the science and the advice to give to your customer to ensure a properly working and efficient installation.
- Also included as an added extra to the qualification is a route to MCS accreditation element to give you useful and important information about the options open to you.