Data Cabling, Structured Wiring Systems: (1 Day)
Termination, crimping, Cat 5 and 6 differences, relevancy, patch panels, set up backbone, RJ45 plugs & sockets , Cabinets,
How systems work, Telephone systems, networking systems.
Relevant Regs, Class and workshop.
Modern buildings often have a requirement for structured
wiring systems to support voice and data applications.
Correct installation and termination techniques are vital for
an installation to be installed quickly, professionally and in
compliance with the industry standards.
The course is a mixture of theory, worked examples, practical demonstration and hands on exercises that are used to relate theory to real world scenarios.
- Upon completion of this course delegates will be equipped with the skills to confidently and successfully install and test a structured wiring system.
- Why would this course help me?
- Data Cabling and Structured wiring is not the sort of thing company maintenance or IT staff can generally undertake simply because it crosses a number of technical disciplines, and requires some training to be installed correctly, therefore a contractor who offers such services will find they will be in great demand.
- What is structured wiring
- Which standards apply
- Lan topology
- Cat 3, Cat 5e Cat 6 systems
- Installation techniques
- Cable termination
- System testing