External Wiring: (1 Day)
Special considerations are necessary when installing cable
and equipment outside. To fit external equipment involves
working to strict regulations and proper practices to avoid
obvious dangers and a durable installation.
Instruction and direction into how you run, bury, protect and use and select exterior cables.
Jointing, sealed joints compounds, Building & wiring regs, equipment choices, external influences,
cable voltage drop. Security lighting, spurs, weatherproof sockets, armoured cable.
Why this course?
- Of all the courses we offer, this subject is one of the most important when it comes to safety standards and the need to do the job right.
- External wiring covers anything from lighting, to gate automation to water features, the list is endless and the kit you use is specialist and requires proper knowledge.
- Who might benefit from this course? - To name a few!
- Auto Gate Installers
- Landscape gardeners
- Garage builders
- Swimming pool Installers
- Exterior Lighting installers and many more!
- Requirements of IEE Wiring Regulations and the Building Regulations
- External influences
- Selection of suitable cable
- Termination of cables
- Selection of suitable equipment
- Methods of jointing cables and materials available
- Burying of cables in the ground
- Protection for safety of external cable and equipment