Domestic Installation Workshop: (5 Days )
Practical installation course enabling you to install everything from the consumer unit to the socket and everything in between,
for those with little or no electrical experience wanting to become Domestic Electrical Installers.
Our most popular course!
This is a practical training course that provides the foundation knowledge prior to undertaking the Part P Domestic Electrical Installers VRQ: TS4U-PP qualification. Over the years that we have been providing electrical training weve found that many people who enrol on our Part P and 17th Edition courses lack the basic electrical installation knowledge that will ensure they get the most from these intensive courses.
- With that in mind, weve created this 5 Day Installation course to take you from having little or no electrical experience through to having the essential grounding and knowledge youll need to build an electrical career.
- Covering the practical skills and theory in workshop and classroom you need, this is the best possible way of bringing you up to scratch in a friendly and supportive environment - and opening the doors to a new career.
The course includes:
- Ring main circuits (sockets)
- Basic lighting circuits
- 2 way lighting circuits
- 2 way lighting and intermediate circuits
- Radial power circuits (cooker points etc)
- Earthing and bonding procedures
- Zoning and selection of equipment
- Selecting cable sizes and calculating load demands
- Introduction to electrical regulations
- Health & safety
- Safe Isolation procedures
- Identifying Three Phase Systems
- Electrical calculations