Eco, Installing & Testing Domestic Photovoltaic Systems (PV)
City & Guilds 2372 : (6 Days )
The only full & proper Solar PV qualification that is available at the moment.
This City & Guilds 2372 Certificate is intended for qualified electricians including recently
trained Domestic Installers who want to install grid connected domestic photovoltaic
systems that are either integrated into, or retro fitted onto, a domestic property.
A full theory, installation and commissioning course.
This course is intended for qualified electricians
who want to install grid connected domestic photovoltaic systems
that are either integrated into, or retro fitted onto, a domestic property.
It is expected that candidates will be practicing electricians
and have appropriate qualifications related to electrical installation,
knowledge of the IEE Wiring Regulations and inspection and testing courses.
The topics covered during the course include
- the following:
- We train you on real life scenarios, on properly constructed roofs, erected scaffolding, using working at heights kit including harnesses and manual handling equipment.
- Photovoltaic systems, real solar panels!
- Standards and Regulations/Guidelines and
- Codes of Practice
- Safety, scaffolding and harness equipment
- PV system components
- Working at Heights
- Installations, fitting panels to a roof, roofing construction and differing tile types.
Commissioning and testing, connecting to the grid.
- Customer care, the science and the advice to give to your customer to ensure a properly working and efficient installation.
- Course certification is awarded upon successful completion of both the written and practical assessments, this certificate can then be used as evidence of your training and ability to install and commission PV systems.
- With this qualification together with your electrical experience and qualifications will enable you to join a Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) operated by organisations like NICEIC, LOGIC etc.