Ionisation Smoke Alarm
Low battery warning signal, bleeps every minute for 30 days
when replacement battery is required.
Built in sounder giving a minimum sound output of 85dBA at 3 metres
- Unique patented horn improves audibility
- Separate test button to simulate the effect of smoke and tests sensor, electronics and horn.
- Automatic Self Test: Smoke chamber is tested every 40 seconds and unit bleeps if a fault is detected.
- Automatic reset facility in that when smoke clears from the alarm sensor the unit will reset automatically.
- Battery to be fitted with reliable snap fit connector which prevents the battery being connected up the wrong way round. It also overcomes the problem of creep age associated with spring loaded contacts.
Dual Ionisation Chamber, with corrosion resistant electrodes. Sensitivity conforms to BS5446: Pt.1: 1990.
- Sounder to have a frequency in the range 2200/2800Hz.
- The diameter of piezo disc in the sounder to measure at least 40mm, and to have wire contacts soldered directly on to the piezo disc.
- The sounder to include a resonator or "trumpet" at least 30mm in length and reaching to lid of the outer casing in order to amplify the sound.
- Ambient Temperature Range: 4°C to 40°C. Humidity Range: 0 to 90 % relative humidity
- Alarm fixing screws and plugs